Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Coming Home; Applying what we've learned

After an extra week in Syndey, I was getting ready to come home. While Australia is an amazing place, traveling constantly takes it's toll, and I was tired of living in hostels. It's also hard to be away from family and friends for so long. However, this was the best trip I've ever taken. Traveling across the world and seeing things that most people only see in movies was incredible. During our last extra week, we experienced the Contemporary Art Museum, Australia Day, Chinese New Year, and The Magic Flute at the Opera House. I'm so thankful for the opportunity to travel this month, and I'm sad to see it end. We'll always have irreplaceable memories, and I couldn't be happier about that.

Before the entire class left, we made some pledges about what we could do as individuals to reduce our impact on the environment. The whole trip I talked about how I couldn't wait to drive my car again. Someone suggested that maybe my impact could be not driving as much; and therefore I have been trying to walk or longboard everywhere rather than use my car. It's a little cold and wet, but besides reducing emissions, I'm getting exercise and fresh air, two things that often like in a college lifestyle. We learned tons of valuable ideas on our trip, and hopefully we can learn to employ more things into our everyday activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wang Center for Global Education, Pacific Lutheran University, 12180 Park Avenue S. Tacoma, WA 98447 253-531-7577