Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My Pledge.

On the eve before we departed Sydney we all sat down together and wrapped up an amazing adventure/vacation together... We all made pledges in which we promised to follow through with once we arrived back at home and got back into our routines. I pledged to help spread the word about sustainability, shorten my showers (and just reduced water consumption as a whole); and on a bigger scale reduce my consumption and become more sustainable!
Since i have arrived at home i have been on a mission to help people understand sustainability and teach them the things that they can change in their everyday lives to help the environment. My family has been really receptive we have cut down our waste a lot, as well as continue our recycling. I am working on getting a compost for my house, which im sure would make Max and all of our friends at Crystal Waters very proud! (:
I have started to wash all my dishes by hand, shortened my showers a lot, and have continued to pressure the ones around me to do so as well.... all while making sure they understand the importance of doing so.
I have also cut down my driving a lot!!! before i leave the house i make sure i have all of my errands written down so that i dont forget something and have to go right back out again (which being forgetful old me happens often).
This J-term trip was amazing and i got a lot more out of it than i ever thought possible... it changed the way i think about my actions and the way that i do things completely. I guess it gave me a whole new mindset, and i am sooooo thankful for that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wang Center for Global Education, Pacific Lutheran University, 12180 Park Avenue S. Tacoma, WA 98447 253-531-7577